Sunday, October 29, 2006

Free InstantCafe Feeder

I downloaded and installed Adam's InstantCafe Feeder last week. Yesterday I got the registration key and immediately went on to try out the program. I had no trouble running the software and setting up the variables. It was super easy.

I did have one problem. My prices came out wrong, but thanks to Adam's quick response that problem was fixed. It had nothing to do with the Feeder, the setting on my computer was messing up the prices.

I had a feed for my premium shop in no time. It took me an hour or so to make feeds for all my basic shops and compile them all into one big file. I still remember the time when I ventured into making the feed manually and wasted hours and hours adding products one by one into an Excel sheet. That was torture. This was a breeze.

The premium shop feed was accepted in the first attempt to upload it to Google Base. The feed for the basic shops, however, returned a failure. When I go to see the details, they say that the feed is being processed and that it will take up to two days for the processing to be over. That, of course, has nothing to do with the InstantCafe Feeder, that's just Google making my life difficult. Doesn't matter, the feed for the premium shop was the important one and that one went through just fine, so I am happy.

It is so generous of Adam to make such a useful tool and let shopkeepers use it for free. I give five stars and two thumbs up to both Adam and his InstantCafe Feeder.